Natural = Happy & Beautiful

Natural = Happy & Beautiful

Monday, April 26, 2010

Natural Hair Tips "After the BIG CHOP"

Here are a few tips :


* Co-Washing - Washing your natural hair with CONDITIONERS only
(Currently I am using "Organix")
After Co-Washing towel dry or let it air dry. BECARFUL NOT TO USE HEAT!* Also, natural hair products work better when applied to DAMP hair.*

*Moisture! Moisture! Moisture! - Applying Shea Butter all throughout your hair( 100% Raw Shea Butter) is EXCELLENT for "Locking" in moisture after "Co-Washing".

Forming a CURL PATTERN: Work the curls in with a NATURAL hair gel (No Silicons/Sulfates)..I usually just rub in coconut oil, shea butter while my hair is damp and work in the CURLS.

STAY AWAY from products that contain MINERAL OIL/PERTROLEUM !

You may also apply a Shea Butter mix (Shea Butter mixed w/ oils) to your hair as well for moisture throughout the day.



Drink 8 glasses of water a DAY for moisture for your hair/body!


Spray ( Purchase a Spray Bottle) your hair with Essential Oils/Carrier Oils blended (as needed) you can MAKE up your own or purchase them at your local natural store.
(I make my own!)

*Maintaining at night - Sleep with a silk bonnet/scarf (Turn it inside OUT to protect your edges!)

*Deep Conditioning- Once a week Deep Condition! Choose your FAVORITE conditioner and apply throughout the scalp and massage , and cover your head with a plastic bag; then wrap a hot steamy towel around your head for 60 minutes (Note: you may also use a STEAM CAP)


*Scalp Massages- Massaging you scalp PROMOTES great blood circulation in your scalp and stimulates GROWTH. (Note: Choose your favorite oil for the massage!)


Be confident, Be beautiful, and have fun!*
Stay tuned for more tips.
"Clarissa"

3 comments:

  1. CO-WASHING SOUNDS GREAT! I HAVE TO TRY THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get a copy of the first picture. I love that Fabulous Fro! I want to add it to my 'VISION BOARD!' Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings "Ladyoasis"
    Thanks for visiting my PAGE!

    "Co-Washing" is GREAT for natural hair, afterwards your hair will be so clean, and soft! Please follow-up with a POST of how the "Co-Washing" works out for you.

    The picture at the top is "Marsha Hunt" I went to GOGGLE and typed in her name and several pictures of her will pop up!

    "Clarissa"

    ReplyDelete